Participants are responsible to organize their own travel and accommodation*. We suggest these convenient hotels:
- Novotel (= Summer school venue and 5′ walk from Leuven Central Station): +3216939001 – email@example.com
- IBIS Budget Hotel (9′ walk from venue/Novotel and 2′ walk from Leuven station): +3216479880 – H6682-BO@accor.com
- Youth hostel ‘De Blauwput‘ (9′ walk from the venue/Novotel and 2’ walk from Leuven station): +3216 63 90 62 – firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Selected students from SUMA can request a private room in KU Leuven university guesthouse ‘De Vesten’. They are required to present themselves in ‘De Vesten’ on Sunday 09/09 between 19h and 20h. Please contact the project manager well in advance if this would be impossible for you. Students residing in ‘De Vesten’ need to foresee their own transport to the venue (about 3km).
Participants are responsible to organize their own travel*. The city of Leuven is located about 15’ by train from Brussels National Airport. From the airport of Charlerloi (also referred as Brussels South) a frequent shuttle bus takes you to the train station of Bruxelles Midi – Brussel Zuid (approx. 1 hour).
* Selected students can request a reimbursement of travel expenses up to a maximum of 300 euro. In order to be reimbursed, students are required to:
- Submit original invoices, AND
- Submit proof of payment (f.e. bank statement), AND
- Complete and sign the F1-form (will be available in Leuven during the summerschool)
Students residing in the European Economic Area are obliged to travel with their European Health Insurance Card (EHIC); students traveling from outside the EEA will be registered at the university (costs are covered).
We offer full cost coverage to a maximum of 15 selected students who apply through our application form. The following is included:
- Tuition fee
- Catering during the summer school (coffee break in the morning and afternoon, + sandwich lunch),
- One summer school dinner,
- Summer school course materials,
- Upon request: Reimbursement of travel expenses up to maximum 300 euro ONLY upon presentation of original invoices,
- Upon request: A private room in a university residence (towels and sheets are available).
As such, selected students only need to cover breakfast and evening meals, personal expenses and any travel expenses higher than 300 euro.