The Summer School starts on Monday 17/07 at 9h00 in room Maria Theresia College (MTC) 00.12 in Sint-Michielsstraat 6, in Leuven.
From Monday to Thursday courses take place from 9h-12h30 and from 13h30 till 17h00 with a short break in the mornings and afternoon.
Please note that Friday 21 July is an official holiday in Belgium (National Independence Day).
Summer school dinner
On Tuesday July 18, a summer school dinner is offered in restaurant Domus in the city center of Leuven.
The city of Leuven is located about 15’ by train from Brussels National Airport.
From the airport of Charlerloi (also referred as Brussels South) a frequent shuttle bus takes you to the train station of Bruxelles Midi – Brussel Zuid (approx. 1 hour).
Travel schedule and arrival
All selected students are requested to inform the project manager about their travel schedule. Students who stay in the university residency of ‘De Vesten’ need to be on site for the check in on Sunday 16/07 between 18h and 19h.
Selected students who have requested a private room in the university residence are housed in guesthouse ‘De Vesten’. They are required to present themselves in ‘De Vesten’ on Sunday 16/07 between 18h and 19h. Please inform the project manager well in advance if this would be impossible for you.
From ‘De Vesten’ it is a nice walk (1.4 km) to the MTC passing through the historical UNESCO world heritage Great Beguinage of Leuven.
Students from the European Economic Area are obliged to travel with their European Health Insurance Card (EHIC); students from outside the EEA will be registered at the university (costs are covered).
We offer full cost coverage to a maximum of 20 selected students. The following is included:
- Tuition fee
- Catering during the summer school (coffee break in the morning and afternoon, + sandwich lunch),
- One summer school dinner,
- Summer school course materials,
- Upon request: Reimbursement of travel expenses up to maximum 300 euro ONLY upon presentation of original invoices,
- Upon request: A private room in a university residence (check in 16/07, check out 21/07; towels and sheets are available).
As such, selected students only need to cover breakfast and evening meals, personal expenses and any travel expenses higher than 300 euro.
Reimbursement of travel expenses
Selected students can request a reimbursement of travel expenses up to a maximum of 300 euro. In order to be reimbursed, students are required to:
- Submit original invoices, AND
- Submit proof of payment (f.e. bank statement), AND
- Complete and sign the F1-form (will be available in Leuven during the summerschool)